Before the College opened in 1958, there was great pressure on the Catholic Education system due to postwar immigration. Archbishop Duhig promised the Oblates a gift of land and financial help if they established a school in his archdiocese. After accepting his offer, the Oblates and local families worked tirelessly to support the new venture into education on the hill at Lindum.
The existing farmhouse was moved to a better position beside where the chapel now stands, raised onto higher stumps and became home upstairs to the priests with additional accommodation and two classrooms downstairs. The stables were renovated and became the first tuckshop.